Thanks for the suggestion Cliff.  I've already gotten a few responses before I
even introduced myself so I need to let you all know that I am not the patient,
but the caregiver.  I just sent in my introductory note explaining that &
asking if I'm in the right place as a caregiver, of course I'll stay here for
the "newsletters" but my questions will be from the caregiver standpoint.  My
husband, Richard, has had PD for 11 years & I'd say he was in Stage 3 now.  My
biggest problem with him is he gets side effects of every drug they try, he
hallucinates & is delusional off & on & so I wonder if others out there have
the same problem.  I know dementia is a PD symptom but his is different, the
doctor says it's probably caused by the Sinemet.  He sleeps 90% of the day but
not at night, gets leg cramps & restless most nights yet some nights he's fine,
there just doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to his "episodes" now that
we've taken him off everything but the Sinemet CR 50/200 right now 1/2 in the
morning & 1/2 at night.  I've tried the pills at dinner time & just before bed
doesn't seem to make a difference.  He's also taking Seroquel 2 at night to
help.  We've tried all the other drugs now on the market that help the Sinemet
but he goes off into his other world as I call it when taking anything besides
the Sinemet. His back of course is quite curved so that gives him problems, he
goes for trigger point massages once a week & that helps him for a while.

Well I'll stop here for now until I know this site is also for caregivers,
thanks again for writing so soon, it IS appreciated.  Nan