Hi.
Could be ur age or something else. I know illnesses create symptoms, but
go to the optomologist/neuro-optomologist to figure out the cause of ur
sight problems.

I have a few pair of drug store magnifying glasses for over my contacts
and a pair of bifocals without lines that I only can use with head
support due to postural and head tremors, weakness ,ect., so it is
possible depending on UR situation. Also, I found that the
ophthalmologist assistant can spend more time when testing ur eyes by
doing a compare gradual lens comparisons (as oppose to large contrasts
of "Is this better or this one?? one or two??") when getting the eyes
measured/tested. Finally, hold the ever famous reading board at the
level of where u read a book.  I can't hold a book in the 'air' but only
on my lap in my recliner which is similar to the incline of the exam
chair. Positioning urself the way u read at home may help when getting
ur eyes measured.

nancy