My mom also has trouble sleeping at night.  Her hallucinations/
delusional/obessive tendencies were really helped for a while
by taking aricept (Alzheimer's drug).  She is also limited in
the amount of sinemet she can take(5)because of hallucinations
and takes 4 seroquel a day (1 in morning and 3 at night).

We don't really have any answers to the night time problem.
She gets up to go to the bathroom a lot and detrol hasn't really
helped.  However, when you sleep a lot during the day, you aren't
really tired at night.  My dad (82 years old) is having trouble
(memory problems/generally grouchiness) due to lack
of sleep but both of them do not want to get a night helper even
though it wouldn't break the bank.

I thought I'd try the vitamin B suggestion (couldn't hurt, right?)
From a side-line perspective, it seems that she is going to have
a bad fall and break something and then get instituitionalized
earlier than necessary (which perhaps could be avoided if they
would get help) They don't listen to us kids and we can't afford
to pay for it ourselves.

I'm hoping someone else has great ideas to share.
Thanks

Jane
daughter of Jessie 78/69

PS Have they ever done a study to discern differences between
people who get Parkinson's but are only mildly impaired for
years and those that progress relatively quickly and/or get dementia?