Date sent:              Fri, 20 Dec 2002 06:57:41 +0800
Send reply to:          Parkinson's Information Exchange Network
From:                   Chris Lui <[log in to unmask]>
Subject:                Travel
To:                     [log in to unmask]

> Hi everybody:-
>
> Being a PD patient (moderate level), what points should I note when
> travelling long distance flight (11 hours) in order to make myself
> comfortable? Any one got experience to share.  Urgent and thanks!
>
> Chris

The major concern is the possibility of developing blood clots in the
legs or pelvis from sitting in a cramped seat for a long period.  Try
and get up and walk around as much as is possible, and keep your body
moving even when you are sitting down.

Do not allow yourself to get dehydrated.  Drink plenty of fluids (not
alcoholic ones, as they tend to dehydrate), and allow some rest time
after your arrival at your destination (for management of jet lag).

Best,

Bob

Robert A. Fink, M. D., F.A.C.S., P. C.
2500 Milvia Street  Suite 222
Berkeley, California  94704-2636
Telephone:  510-849-2555   FAX:  510-849-2557
WWW:  http://www.rafink.com/

mailto:[log in to unmask]

"Ex Tristitia Virtus"