On 18 Dec 2002 at 19:47, tOM bERDINE wrote:
Hi Tom and Hi All,

I think it's a matter of "logistics".

Go to my website at:
Parknson's Resources
http://www.geocities.com/murraycharters/

click on VIP

click on MGH BrainTalk - Parkinson's

scroll down to read my response...

Why Isn't A PET Scan "Automatic" For PD?
(sorry folks, but the hyper-links all work better on the MGH site)

cheers ....... murray

> > Dr Leiberman,
> > Why is it that the medical community is so split on utilizing the
> > FDOPA PET SCAN to the current regime (observational/MRI) for
> > aiding in the diagnosis of Parkinson's disease? It seems to many
> > of us that if it this test can measure dopamine deficiency then
> > it would be extremely benefiical in differentiating between
> > Parkinson's disease and other forms (more treatable and
> > manageable) of Parkinsonism, no dopamine deficiency then no
> > Parkinson's "disease", is that correct? I would be happy if
> > neurologists told us, the patients, about this test and let us
> > make up our mind on wether or not "we" wish to have it done. The
> > majority of the neuro's I speak to state there is no test thatcan
> > show Parkinson's disease, does the f-dopa test not do this?
> >  UCLA med center, among many other center, back this 100%.

* * *
Murray Charters <[log in to unmask]>
http://www.geocities.com/murraycharters/