In a message dated 12/17/2002 8:48:18 AM, [log in to unmask] writes:

<< Read this and was a bit dismayed by 2 statements:
1.  When you first get the disease, you're doing OK. But three or four
years into the disease you're doing terribly"
2.  Both groups had a median age of about 65.
Number one I don't think is a fair statement, and not sure what the
source was. Does thismmean in two more years I will be doing terribly
(gives me a lot of hope!!">>

Tom,

I agree. I'm astonished that Dr. Lieberman would say such a thing about our
"designer disease," for which symptoms and progression vary so much from one
person to another, and date of onset is almost impossible to determine.

Kathleen