Dear Tom:
In responding re: the two statements you referenced..... they are certainly
suspect.

As a 61 year old PWP 6 years into this disease, I am certainly am not doing
terribly!  I am as active as the next 61 YOF, require minimal meds so far,
and my mind is sharp and clear. That is not to say the same would be true
without the meds.

Perhaps the median age is 65 in their study group.  To me it is apparent that
Parkinson's is being minimized by the general public. We never see fund
raisers and donating to the NPF, et al. to foster research like is true of
Cancer, AIDS, MS, etc. Is it because PD is thought of as a disease of aging?
Yeah Michael J. Fox for trying to change that!

God Bless,
Caroline Garvey