Nilo, I will be watching for your reports.  My situation is this .. I am
my wife's caregiver.  She has had P for over twenty years.  When the
sinemet quit working, we went to St John's in Oxnard and she had
bilateral DBS last March and April.  She has had 6 adjustments since and
we are having trouble with the right side, so a couple of weeks ago we
turned the stimulator off and she improved right away.  She now has
regained her balance and her speech is improved and back to "normal".
Strangely the sinemet now works for her, but she is taking more sinemet
than before the operation,  ... go figure.  All in all, she is doing
great at this time.  Keep us posted as we are very interested in your
progress while going in this direction.  Have a Happy Holiday!!
Ron Heimback