Yes Paul,

The points you make are compelling.  I have been reluctant to denigrate
something that gives others hope, but I must say that I too find Paneri's
claims lacking in credibility and redolent of hype.

I'm with Ray and Linda and the others on the list who are urging political
activism to push our agenda for research and policy. I'm beginning to think
we need the PD equivalent of Act Up -- not the usual plucky, gallant,
gracious PwP-next-door stuff, but something more along the lines of "I'm mad
as hell and I'm not going to take it any more."

Woe to us all if pinning our hopes on the Dr. Paneris of the world causes us
to neglect political activism. We can't afford to lose momentum for research,
especially with so many promising developments that seem on the brink of
fruition.

To fellow listers who are giving Dr. P. a try, I would be delighted if your
experience proves my reservations wrong. But all of us need to make the
powers that be understand that when we feel compelled to turn to something as
unproven and untested as Dr. Paneri's cure, that's not nearly, remotely good
enough.

Ready to get in someone's face,
Kathleen