Hi Roberta and Hi Dianne,

Kathrynne?  She occupies the place of honor on
Parkinson's Resources
http://www.geocities.com/murraycharters/

click on <contents>

click on <26: Parkinson's & Nutrition / Ask A Dietician>

scroll down to <Search Ask the Dietician>

type  fava  in the search box...

want more???

there's a "goldmine" in the PARKINSN LIST Archive....

Parkinson's Resources
http://www.geocities.com/murraycharters/

click on <VIP>

click on <Search PARKINSN Archives>

click on the hyper link <"Search"> under Quick Start...

type  fava  in the search box...

cheers ....... murray

* * *

On 29 Dec 2002 at 17:52, Diane Nicolaou wrote:

> Roberta,
> I am 51 also and have had PD for 3 or 4 years.  The meds have helped
> me tremendously to retain a somewhat 'normal' lifestyle.  I take
> Sinemet and i have continued to work full time but without the med
> it would be difficult for me.  Good luck in going through this
> diagnoising stage which can be very frustrating, however, this list
> can be very helpful at times and we all have something in common and
> share a common goal. You will see that everyone can have different
> symptoms and experiance different difficulities but don't be afraid
> to ask questions. Regarding the fava beans, my nuero asked me not to
> eat them as it is hard to control the dose of levadopa and I am
> already taking it in pill form.  We have an excellant source for
> nutrition on this list - Katheryn Holden with a site at
> nutritionucanlivewith.com (I think thats right, help me out here
> guys) and she has written several books for PWP which have helped me
> a great deal.  Good Luck! Diane

* * *
Murray Charters <[log in to unmask]>
http://www.geocities.com/murraycharters/