Well said, Raj:
After all why sit on one's hands doing nothing, waiting for what may not come
for a long time?  Nothing ventured, nothing gained.  That's why I keep on
evaluating logical and promising alternatives.  I've lived long enough to know
there's more than one way in almost every human affliction.  After all they say
this is a designer disease.  Maybe, just maybe, there are options out there that
might apply to my situation.  My feelings, like yours, are, if I can add or
regain even a few days of improved  functioning to my already numbered days, I'm
going to go for it.  10 years from now I would have missed an enormous amount of
living.  I'm going to continue to rage against the dimunition of my bodily
functioning.  Money is going to do me no good when I'm twisted, in pain and
hallucinating.  I sure can't take it with me at the close of the day.  If I lose
a few dollars trying, it's only money, at least I would have tried.

jwm