I for one am unwilling or maybe unable to apply Kubler-Ross' theory of death and
grief to my Parkinson's diagnosis.  In fact I believe it's time that her
"theory" is revised.  Being trained as a psychologist, I've always thought it
should be re-stated.  The fit is just not comfortable or I believe even
applicable in many situations.  I don't consider Parkinson's a terminal
disease.  I consider it debilitating, and degenerative, but everyday I thank God
that this is the disease I have and not Lou Gehrig's or terminal cancer.  I've
watched close friends die from both of those maladies, the only treatments
available were palliative.  Parkinson's is capable of  management and
improvement.  However, I may have missed something, because I did not get the
idea that anyone was touting a "cure."  Alternatives in delaying and slowing
progression and possibly controlling a disease, where presently long term use of
the "best drugs" results in such fearful side effects, loss control of bodily
functions, seizures, hallucinations, etc., is something that one understandably
would desire to seek.  Premature acceptance could possibly lead to over
medication, resignation, and lassitude --  ultimately hastening deterioration
and death.  Watching and experiencing the effects of prolonged drug therapy on a
loved one is horrible.  I just want to be able to enjoy and manage my life a bit
longer, and since I consider premature disease and death "enemies,"  I have no
choice but to "rage against the dying of the light," by doing all I can to delay
ultimate deterioration.  Peace!