We have several lift chairs by golden technologies.  We lend these chairs to
our members so they get pretty hard use. We have been really pleased with how
well they have help up, both their padding and their mechanisms.  They cost
about $900, but seem to be worth it. Beware of the inexpensive ones, the
padding tends to break down and the user begins to feel the bars in the seat.
 This can be very uncomfortable and really makes the chair unusable.  I think
their website is like <A HREF="www.goldentech.com">www.goldentech.com</A>.  Good luck and happy shopping!  Meg