A SPONSORED WALK WITH A SEA VIEW ALL THE WAY

15:00 - 30 December 2002

Rugby fans at the Rec dug deep into their pockets on
Saturday to raise money for a mammoth charity challenge.

Collections were made during and after Bath's match against
Harlequins for the Coastin' Challenge being undertaken by Tom Isaacs.

Six Nations TV presenter Clare Balding, daughter of former Bath star
Ian Balding, joined the collectors at the ground.

Mr Isaacs, who is 34, is in the middle of a sponsored walk which
takes in 4,500 miles around the coastline of Britain. He hopes to
raise £250,000 for the Parkinson's Disease Society.

What makes the challenge more impressive is that Mr Isaacs, a
surveyor, was diagnosed with Parkinson's Disease seven years ago aged
just 27.

He said: "In addition to raising quarter of a million pounds for the
Parkinson's Disease Society for research, I hope to help raise
awareness and understanding of this disease and that it affects young
people too.

"New research has huge implications for the treatment of Parkinson's
disease, but ultimately I want a cure for this disease - I want to be
able to say 'I used to have Parkinson's'."

So far Mr Isaacs has raised more than £184,000 in sponsorship and
donations for his incredible journey, with a further £26,000 pledged.

SOURCE: The Bath Chronicle, UK
http://www.thisisbath.com/index.jsp

* * *