Sharon,
        In the last year, I started experiencing frequent urination (day
and night) and incomplete emptying of my bladder when I attempted to.  I
also took to wearing incontinence pads when I started leaking at
inappropriate times.  My neuro referred me to a urologist.  He conducted
some tests that determined that the controls that open and close the
bladder and the function that squeezes the bladder to empty it were out of
sync.  He prescribed catheterization three times a day and taught me how
to do that.  Initially, I found the process unnerving, but the net result
is the pad stays dry most of the day and my nighttime visits to the
bathroom reduced by half (3 hours between vs 1.5).  I make a point of
using the catheter when my meds are working.
        Important caution!    Since Parkinson's is a designer disease that
afflicts each of us in various different ways,  DON'T ASSUME my experience
is the same as yours.  Get a professional evaluation.  The best solution
for you might be entirely different and, possibly, simpler.
        All the best to you.
        Working for the cure, Geo.

Sharon Nelson <[log in to unmask]>
Sent by: Parkinson's Information Exchange Network
01/06/2003 01:42 PM
Please respond to Parkinson's Information Exchange Network