Dear All:
    I know we have heard this before in our discussions.  I thought I should
bring some additional info to your attention on the topic of Papaya and PD.
    I am giving a sumaryof the info from another newsletter I receive.
    We all know that the Pope JohnPaul II suffers from PD, although it  has
not been acknowledged by the Vatican.  In June, Dr. Luc Montaigner,
co-discoverer of AIDs virus and the president of the World Foundation for
AIDS Research and Prevenion, visited the Pope to try to convince him to
relax Catholic Church's stance on the use of condoms for protection from
AIDS.  During this visit, apparently Dr. Montaigner gave the Pope a papaya
extract to take to help imrove his Parkinson's disease.  It has been
confirmed that after Dr. Montaigner's visit, there has been a remarkable
change in the Pope's PD symptoms.  The Pope was able to deliver his own
speech for the first time in several months during his trip to Canada and
Poland in August.  The Press Reportes say that his speech is much stronger
and clearer. He has more stamina and energy. Reports from the Vatican say
only that he is feeling much better.
    Dr. Montaigner gave the Pope a product called Immun'Age FPP (Fermended
Papaya Preparation), manufactured by a Japanese company called Osata.  This
is produced from non-genetically modified papayas grown in Hawaii.  This
product was developed in 1969, but has been in the Japanese market for 10
years primarily sold as an immune booster.
    Dr. Montaigner feels that the products ability to scavenge free radicals
(anti-oxidants?) may be efffective in helping PD.  This also helps in
raising the immune response against AIDs virus, improves weight gain and
hemoglobin levels, a factor that may be responsible for more stamina and
energy.  It seems to work rather quickly (difference can be felt within a
couple of weeks) and no side effects have been reported so far.  (More
studies needed?)
    Currently the only way to get this product on line in USA is from a
French company at www.supersmart.com (listed as FPP under new products).  A
months supply (two sachets a day) costs about $ 140.
    I was wondering if the gentleman who cordinated in getting a bulk order
price for CoE Q10, could use his experience and help negotiate with this
company and bring the price down for us, we could all benefit and give it a
try.
    This is only for the people who has faith in herbal alternatives and is
willing to try out new things, that seem to be promising in giving relief
from our sufferings.
    Raj