Hello,

    My name is Roberto Correia. My Father has had Parkinson's for 8 years
now. He is now 66.

    While the symptoms of his disease have progressed slowly it seems the
side effects of his medication have increased quite rapidly. While
dyskinesia (involuntary movement) is both a symptom of Parkinson's and a
side effect of most medications we have determined that my Fathers
dyskinesia is almost entirely related to medication side effects.

    Recently Comtan was added to his medication while it seems to have
improved things like facial expression, it has made his involuntary
movements even worse. It's getting to the point that the side effects are as
bad as the disease itself.

    He is currently taking Siminet CR, Bromocriptine, Amantadine, and
Comtan. All of the dosages are quite low.

    Does anyone have any recommendations or comments about what can be done
to minimize the side effects of the medication?

    Thanks for your time,

    Roberto.