On 2 Jan 2003 at 4:16, Rayilyn Brown wrote:

> Murray, i got a "sex" email from me, my email address
> [log in to unmask] to me and copies to lots of people with
> Raysomething in email addresses.  Because of my name I'm often
> mistaken for a man.  I deleted it.  Now I'm getting answers to it
> like the one I cut and pasted below.  It was like someone sat down
> at my computer and sent this out from me  my password is practically
> unassailable.  How can this happen?  I'm frightened, What can I do?
> I'm calling AOL  tomorrow.
>
> If anyone on this List gets anything like this from me - IT'S NOT
> ME.  Help, Ray

Hi Ray,

You need to get off-line and get AOL by telephone and you
may also need to employ the services of a local computer
"pro" to sort this one out...

Off-line?  Physically unplug your internet connection...

I'm afraid I can't help from here...

I avoid these situations by using Pegasus E-mail and Opera...

I have a software firewall - Zone Alarm Pro...

I have an anti-virus PC-Cillin 2002 and update regularly...

I don't use AOL or MS products unless it is unavoidable...

I wish you the best of luck on this one...

cheers ...... murray

* * *
Murray Charters <[log in to unmask]>
http://www.geocities.com/murraycharters/