In a message dated 1/3/2003 9:04:10 AM, [log in to unmask] writes:

<< Clever girl. I can't believe their list of advertisers. >>

Wow! Some list indeed. Way to go, Edith, in ferreting this out.

Some strange bedfellows here: Brown and Williamson and the Christian
Coalition alongside the Pew Center on Global Climate Change and the Sierra
Club...I would imagine that the latter are running ads in the Standard that
aim to counter its prevailing ideology.

There must be readers of the Standard who disagree with their troglodyte
associate editor or would be willing to listen to another point of view.
Would it be worth our while to reach out to them through an ad (becoming
Standard "advertisers" ourselves)? Or to run an ad in some other paper/s?

Thinking pinata,
Kathleen