> thank you-I have a 50year old son living alone in chicago, who recently
went
> to the emergency room with this problem.  fortuantely my other son was
> visiting and could drive him, but living in Michigan , I worry about his
> being alone. I am thinking of some kind of emergency device he could use
> call 911.

There are a number of alarm companies that cater to medical needs.  The best
known device is worn around the client's neck and contains an alarm button
that can be pushed in the event of a medical emergency.

If your son is having difficulty eating and lives alone, it is imperative
that a swallowing evaluation be done so that proper swallowing techniques or
food additives be implemented.  I am wondering if your son has considered
moving to an assisted living facility?   Personnel would be on hand in the
event that he suffered from any medical emergency.
---------
God bless
Mary Ann Ryan (CG Jamie 63/23)