Hi Diana,

  I don't post here much anymore but I do still lurk.  I take Baclofen and
it is wonderful.  It has tremendously helped my muscle spasms and pain.
Here is a link to the RxList info about it:

http://www.rxlist.com/cgi/generic/baclofen.htm

Here are some links where you can find out more about SND

http://www.emedicine.com/NEURO/topic354.htm

http://accessible.ninds.nih.gov/health_and_medical/disorders/striatonigral_degeneration.htm

Also, if you write me off-list, I will provide you with information about
support and information groups for people with this type of PD+ syndrome.

Keep your chin up and take one day at a time.

Hugs and Warm Fuzzies,
Deborah aka Tenacity

Forum,website,photosite(DBS & PET)
http://pub13.ezboard.com/bpdhangout
http://www.pdhangout.com
http://community.webshots.com/user/tenacitywins

Hello friends:
I am just back from seeing the head of neurology at the Univ. of
Michigan, who came highly recommended to me.  This Dr. Sid Gilman changed my
diagnosis (happily for me) of multiple system atrophy to striatonigral
degeneration, which I gather is one of the disorders there is not much known
about.
He recommended titrating me  off of Mirapex and I'm already off of Sinemet
but did recommend, I believe, the drug Baclofen, which I am not familiar
with.
If anyone out there is familiar with Baclofen or striatonigral
degeneration, I would really appreciate hearing from you.
Thanks, Diana