Hello list,

After a long break I'd like to turn your attention to some questions of
theory, first from my own new studies, second from Physics Letters
A 271(2000) 217-222, authors Friedrich R. et al.
http://www.physik.uni-oldenburg.de/hydro/Friedrich2000.pdf

  As for theoretical problems in general I do not think "it is futile to
raise fundamental theoretical and philosophical problems here in this list".
Jan, when physicians of neurodegenerative diseases and a community of PWP
feel that a theory can really help them they would find ways to influence
the society.

1) Theory of natural rhythms
  Meanwhile I was busy with the theory of periods of extra-solar planets.
It appears that that the length of the galactic year initially found as a
common multiplier of Earth's glacial rhythms (205.13 million y) fit well for
nearby extra-solar planets (for them 205.08 million y).
In a huge zone of integers from 1 to 9.36*10^30 there exist only 16
Ramanujan numbers with 1% deviation from N=a^2 and only 15 N=a^2-1
near-Ramanujanian numbers of the first choice. And six of them describe the
period of known up to now 103 es-planets. The best four of them (including
our Jupiter) describe the periods with such accuracy that the correlation
coefficient between the theoretical and observed periods is 0.99999999999937
(!).
So that the new exact astronomical data confirm a high specificity of our
new spectroscopic theory.
  It is rather remarkable that the theoretical Parkinson's rhythm is just
among the 15 UNIQUE N=a^2-1 rhythms together with the periods of Jupiter and
Jupiter-like planets. Here are the six successive ones of the 15 unique
N=a^2-1 rhythms: 40700 y (climate), 11.86 y (Jupiter), 39.7 d (Rho CrB, Maya
calendar), 11.1 d (HD 108147), 8.43 d (HD 162020), 6.25 s (Parkinson's
domain), 3.18 s.
Thus the future theory of the fine structural spectroscopy has got reasons
to pay a serious attention to the Parkinson's disease rhythms.
And I have reasons to think that it would be worthy for Human Beings to
learn to live in mutual regard with this powerful rhythm and not to let it
enslave us.

2) Theory of tremor
In the article by Friedrich et al were studied the time series of hand
tremor in normal subjects with physiological tremor, in patients with
essential tremor and in patients suffering from Parkinson's disease and then
computed by means of their original program the curves of
measured/constructed trajectories in PHASE SPACE.
Their phase space figures are interesting indeed, see the page 5 of the
.pdf file in given URL [sorry, 500 lines limit did not allow: or my
attachment Tremor1.gif (73 kB)] promising help in difficult differential
diagnosis between early ET and PD.

Author's characterization:
Phys. tremor: fixed point with large damping, weak rotation.
Ess. tremor: fixed point with much weaker damping and larger rotation.
Park. tremor: dynamics governed by limit cycles.

My remark: Their phase curves are in agreement with our theory of fine
structural rhythms, the Phys. curve being a typical Re-curve, just as
expected for a N(37) Re-type quantum number, the PD curve is a typical
Im-curve just as expected for a strong N(31) Im-type rhythm and the ET curve
is a typical Im-curve near to the Im-Re border as its
N(31) rhythms are much weaker and less deviated from the Ramanujun optimum.

A conclusion of authors: The results allow a distinction of the different
diseases. As this method allows a better understanding of the underlying
dynamics of tremors more insights into their pathophysiology are expected.

Vello Reeben

    From: Emily and Julian Brinac <[log in to unmask]>