  Dear Bernard Barber and others,

Today I'll try to answer your question about the second problem, about the
phase space curves of various tremors.
  Experienced neurologists probably can put a right differential diagnose
between ET and PD on the basis of primary tremor data not needing help from
sophisticated analysis of primary time sequence curves.
  Still here the percent of misdiagnosis is quite remarkable all over the
world.
  The science of physics has always liked transformations of primary curves
into spectral curves and phase space images.
  Historically the medical science uses (in EEG and heart rate analysis) not
the full spectra but classifications like low/mean/high loosing much
information and creating artificial difficulties. Today, in the time of GHz
and Giga Bite computers, it is an obvious anachronism.
So I invite you to see with your own eyes the phase space curves of
physiologic tremor, essential tremor and of a typical tremor of Parkinson's
disease.
  This time, accepting the 500 lines limit of your list, I made a more
economic 5 kB htm file from the Fig. 4 of the original article in Physics
Letters A 271(2000) 217-222, authors Friedrich R. et al.
http://www.physik.uni-oldenburg.de/hydro/Friedrich2000.pdf

About the problems of symptomatic and causal approach I’ll try to answer
next time.

Vello Reeben