From: Diana Sellin <[log in to unmask]>
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Baclofen
Date: Thu, 9 Jan 2003 20:15:19 EST

Hello friends:
 I am just back from seeing the head of neurology at the Univ. of Michigan,
who came highly recommended to me.  This Dr. Sid Gilman changed my diagnosis
(happily for me) of multiple system atrophy to striatonigral degeneration,
which I gather is one of the disorders there is not much known about.  He
recommended titrating me  off of Mirapex and I'm already off of Sinemet but
did recommend, I believe, the drug Baclofen, which I am not familiar with.
If anyone out there is familiar with Baclofen or striatonigral degeneration,
I would really appreciate hearing from you.
Thanks, Diana