I have taken the alternative medicine route for the most part (though I do
take 5 mg selegiline 1/da) and one of the things that is screened (in one of
the alternative medicine modalities) are my supplements to confirm the
quantities and to some extent the combinations that are right for me..  It
was very interesting that with the particular brand I am taking of COQ10
(from Costco) I was told the correct dosage was 1200 mg per day, exactly
what the studies have shown, but when  800IU of Vit E was added, the amount
I needed dropped to 1000mg per day.  When 1600IU  of Vit E were added the
total daily dosage for me went to 800 mg per day.  I take 800IU of E + 400mg
COQ10 twice daily with a meal.  I try to separate the E & COQ10 combination
from the other supplements because sometimes they  detract from the
efficaciousness of the COQ10 & E (taking the others when I start eating and
the COQ10  & E at the end of the meal).

If anyone is interested in how the screening  of nutritional supplements was
done a Google search for QXCI will take you to numerous web sites that can
shed some light on the procedures.

I have shared this with hesitancy because of  the amount of criticism that
is unleashed when some of us venture into unchartered waters in the search
for optimal treatment of our PD.  I might add that, before the medical
community ran their studies on COQ10, I had been told to take that
supplement and I am so grateful I got an early start thanks to what some at
that time labeled as quackery.

The above dosage is what I have decided to take and is in no way suggesting
that others follow but only sharing what I am doing.

PS  In the past I've shared how incredibly well I'm doing and some have
asked for me to share what has been so helpful. Because there is no one set
of things that can be pointed to except God's overwhelming grace that has
led me to the many different paths that that request has not been answered.

Thank you everyone for your understanding and tolerance,  Phyllis