In a message dated 1/9/2003 10:58:42 AM Eastern Standard Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

> Paul, We will know soon enough if Dr.Paneri's brew has merit or not from
> the people on this list who are trying it. There hasn't been enough time on
> the medication to make a judgement.

Dave: I must have pussyfooted around too much in my initial post because I
was trying to include the point that I felt the people trying it in one case
and (theoretically) rejecting it in another were part of the scheme. And,
anyhow. it would be irresponsible to accept 'testimony' from two or three
laymen that their unsupervised,
uncontrolled, unsanctioned, not professionally reviewed, and not subject to
any sort of medical analysis (blood testing, EKG, heart rate, urinalysis,
stool sample, SPECT scan, body temperature), baseline analysis (Hohn & Yahr,
cognitive skills, SPECT scan again), no rules about medication (Sinemet yes
or no, Agonist similarly as well as Selegiline) or perhaps a requirement that
no meds be taken.

For all anyone knows, this wonder combination of things contains ground up
Sinemet or Agonist and what may feel like a 'cure' may be merely symptom
relief.

Call me nasty and snarly, call me a cynical skeptic, call me late for dinner
if you like, but please have more respect for the process than to
breathlessly await the untested word of lay participants. I thought this
thread had finally died the death it deserves. Woe to us as it continues to
crawl in the mud.

Paul H. Lauer