On 11 Jan 2003 at 12:21, annette herskovits wrote:

> I am new to this list. My husband has PD. After tests, etc, he has
> been strongly recommended to get DBS. Has anyone on this list  been
> through it and can tell me about experience during and after?
>
> Thank you, Annette

Hi Annette,

I put together a web site to try to help answer queries like yours...

Welcome to Parkinson's Resources!
Dedicated to Parkinson's Awareness & FREE Easy Access to
"Information" for All
http://www.geocities.com/murraycharters/

once there, you can try these options...

click on <VIP>

note the following archive hyper-links upper right...

Search PARKINSN Archives
Search BRAINTALK Archives
Search ASKtheDR Archives

select them one at a time, follow through to a
SEARCH box where you can enter  "deep brain"

(plenty of "info" in the archives...)

you might also try   deep brain  in the SEARCH
box on my home page...

or click on <contents>

scroll down to ...

09: Parkinson's & A Doctor Visit / Neurological Exam

once there, scroll to...

Questions to ask your doctor about ActivaŽ Therapy
Anyone considering Activa Therapy should ask many questions of the
physicians who will be treating them. Here are some of the questions
you might ask.

then go back to contents... scroll to...

18: Parkinson's & Tremor / Brain Surgery

once there, scroll to...

Deep Brain Stimulation for the Treatment of Parkinson's Disease
http://www.parkinson.org/dbs.htm

Deep Brain Stimulation
http://www.wemove.org/par_dbs.html

Re-Wired for Life Foundation - DBS / STN
http://www.rewiredforlife.org/

etc. etc.

my web site is FREE, no strings, no ads,
my gift to all Parkinsonians and their care-partners...

see any term you don't understand?

look on the REF page for online medical dictionary...

surf the VIP and Ref pages...

easy one click links to information, news, references...

cheers ...... murray

* * *
Murray Charters <[log in to unmask]>
http://www.geocities.com/murraycharters/