From: Katie Mauch [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Saturday, January 18, 2003 1:42 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Nursing Home for PWP/24hrCG

Amen!!!!  My sister-in-law is an LVN at a nursing home, and she certainly
doesn't go to work to harm or neglect anyone.  She (and the rest of the
staff) are some of the most caring people that I have ever met.  She works
with the severely afflicted patients, cares for them sometimes for years,
and then has to watch them pass away.  She does so with great compassion.
I'm sure that at times she would rather work at McDonalds -- it would be far
less stressful -- but that's not her calling.  She is a special person who
has been called to serve special people.  I'm sure that my statements
represent thousands of nursing home nurses.  They have a
                                                --Katie from El Campo