Hi Maxine,

Didja know Rebuilding Together and Gov. Davis are going to the Super
Bowl??

Rebuilding Together
http://www.rebuildingtogether.org/

On Friday, January 24, 2003 Rebuilding Together is in San Diego for
its Kickoff to Rebuild event.
http://www.rebuildingtogether.org/KTR2003.htm

cheers ....... murray

* * *

On 19 Jan 2003 at 12:53, Maxine Krugman wrote:

we are not national, but regional..in the sacramento region we are
the
parkinson association...among the things we provide are previously
donated
equipment such as hospital beds, electronic lift chairs etc. we also
provide members who are caregivers an annual $300 voucher for either
in home care or adult day care...may not be much but it does help.

we have set aside funds for grab bar installation for our members as
well and the response has been fantastic...we work with Rebuilding
Together (used to be Christmas in April) and they do the
installation. keeps people independent a little and helps prevent
some falls..and definitely helps the caregiver if there is one...

Rebuilding Together is a national group so check in your area
or with your Area Agency on Aging.

i have a feeling meg and other larger organizations around the
country do something for their folks as well.

we have an estimated 10,000 PWP in this region..wish we could help
them all.

maxine

To sign-off Parkinsn send a message to:
mailto:[log in to unmask]