Date sent:              Mon, 20 Jan 2003 11:07:09 EST
Send reply to:          Parkinson's Information Exchange Network
From:                   Mike Truluck <[log in to unmask]>
Subject:                Re: doctors
To:                     [log in to unmask]

> What is wrong with starting on Sinemet ? I took mirapex when it was
> approved. I took it for about 30 days. I was dissey and don't remember
> xmas that year. I take sin. a half 25/100 4-5 times aday with half
> 50/200 cr 4 times a day. some diskinesia but I can  walk and move  and
> do alot more than any other drugs I have tried (everything thats been
> approved) I been on it since 1996. If you have PD you best go to a
> Movement Disorder Spec.

Starting with Sinemet is usually the preferred "first treatment".
Mirapex has problems with sudden sleep episodes which, if they occur
while, for example, driving, can be deadly.

Best,

Bob

Robert A. Fink, M. D., F.A.C.S., P. C.
2500 Milvia Street  Suite 222
Berkeley, California  94704-2636
Telephone:  510-849-2555   FAX:  510-849-2557
WWW:  http://www.rafink.com/

mailto:[log in to unmask]

"Ex Tristitia Virtus"