Most nursing homes/medical facilities forbid staff from accepting gifts from
patients/families........I think it is actually a regulation (federal? state?
doesnt matter).]

Instead of waiting until Valentine's Day or Christmas.........appear at the
nursing home with 3 pans of lasagne for the staff lounge........or your
special chili recipe......
or 3 trays of veggies with dip (from Sam's Club/Costco).....I suggest 3 pans
because they could be refrigerated so that each shift could have
some.....unfortunately overnight staff seldom see families bring  in perks!

Or stop by a Pizza Hut or local deli and pay for a pizza/deli tray and ask
that it be delivered to the staff at 9 pm......it won't go to waste.

If the staff has a "staff appreciation day program"......donate a gift
certificate for dinner at Pizza Hut or Macaroni Grill for 2 or
4...............or a gift certificate for the local super market.

The next time your supermarket has a "buy one get one free" on a ham (this is
a local coupon here this week!!)......drop off the free one with a loaf of
bread......for the staff.

They get flowers from funerals frequently..........they get candy
occasionally....and some balloons..........but think of just having something
other than "brown bag" just for today.