> Mary Ann,  good advice. What about us folks with no CG?

Ray, I know that dealing with PD alone is cumbersome and worrisome.  I'm
wondering if you've looked into assisted living facilities as a possible
answer?  Such residences do not just cater to the elderly - they offer a
safe environment that also allows for independence.  Some facilities
sometimes have 'step-down' programs - the more immobile or debilitated a
person becomes, the more care is provided.

It might be possible that grants are available - or could be made available,
for PD folks who need assisted living.  I'm wondering if anyone is aware of
grants that have been given  for such a purpose through the Parkinson's
Foundation.

While we're on the subject, has anyone on this list ever gotten personal
assistance for care or assistive devices through the variety of PD
foundations out there?
God bless
Mary Ann Ryan (CG Jamie 63/23)