Hello Everyone

I have a little story that I would like to share with everyone.  Last Monday
I took the day off of work and went to Detroit with my 18 year old son.  We
went to the North American Auto Show, and to the Detroit Red Wings Vs Chicago
Black Hawks hockey game at the Joe Louis Arena, (Go Wings).  We had a great
time.  Since I have been divorced for five years and my son lives with his
mother, he didn't realize that my PD affects me as much as it does.  We had
time to discuss what was going on with me and I feel he has a better
understanding of PD.  I was a little nervous about going because it wasn't
one of my better days if you know what I mean.  My tremors were quite
prevalent in my right leg.  I feel that was because I was stressed about
going.  The Sinemet didn't seem to be working as it should, not to mention
the side effects of dyskinesias that the meds caused.  No one seemed to
notice, maybe because I walked more normal than the drunks wandering around
the arena.  This was the best time that I have had with my son in a long
time.  My advice to everyone is to live life to it's fullest.  Don't let PD
keep you down.  Enjoy life the best you can and continue doing the things
that you love as long as you can.  Do not worry about what others think. Life
may be difficult at times, but don't let it get you down.  I have a hard time
dealing with my PD at times, but I tell myself that I need to be strong and
do everything I can to control it.  I encourage everyone to learn as much
about PD and the treatments available.  You need to have a say in the
treatments that are right for you.  Before I joined this group, I believed
that my Neurologist knew the best, & I wasn't active in the choice of
treatment, now I see things differently.  I am currently looking for a Doctor
that can meet my needs, and is up to date on the newest technology for
treatments.

Wish You All The Best

Keith