Charlotte, my husband developed terrible jaw pain secondary to the
administration of Mirapex.  It took us a while to figure out the cause.  We
decreased the dose of Mirapex until the pain went away - on a low dose (1
mgm per day) my husband receives the benefit of tremor control without the
side effects of confusion and dystonia (muscle spasms anywhere in the body
that causes severe pain).  Sometimes it is incombant upon the user to find
the correct dose of medication - doctors can't anticipate the idiosyncracies
of every patient.  Talk with your mom's doctor about trying to regulate her
dose of meds - I'll bet that he will be amenable.

Please do not add any herbal supplements to your mom's drug regimen until
you can sort out the cause of her pain.  Adding meds without taking a second
look at her dose of Mirapex will only confuse the issue.

Also, please be aware that a negative cardiac stress test does not
completely rule out heart disease.  My husband had two stress tests in the
last two years - both were negative.  The last one was administered three
months to the day of his coronary and subsequent quintuple bypass surgery
this last October.  His cardiologist told me that he couldn't understand how
my husband was alive with all of the coronary occlusions he suffered.  When
I asked how his stress test was negative in the face of his severe coronary
artery disease, I was told that if the occlusions occur on both sides of the
heart equally, then a stress test will be negative.  If you think your
mother has coronary artery disease, ask that she see a cardiologist for a
final opinion.
God bless
Mary Ann Ryan (CG Jamie 63/23)