That's what I'm trying to tell people.  At least you know if you indeed have
PD (I was diagnosed with ALS first).

You can stay on Sinemet as much or as little as you like-- according to what
your schedule is.  I worked from 9/96 until 3/99 before I progressed enough
to have to retire.  I still have good days and I STILL take sinemet--but I do
have troublesome dyskinesis from time to time.

Don't feel like you don't have control over what meds you try....quality of
life is worth it.  I was diagnosed in 94-(ALS) then corrected to PD in 96.
I'm 48 and meds are something I deal with daily...each day is different.

Good luck to all of you!

Mike T