We found that if no spouse (dependent???) is living in the home, then it
could be necessary to sell the home.........a little bit of logic here...who
needs the house if the owner is going to be in a care facility and the
prognosis is terminal outcome?  And then use the thinking pattern was this
investment (housing) to provide for my care in my times of need.....or was it
only an inheritance for my children?   That is blunt, but it is also the
bottom line.......we didn't figure out how she could "take it with her".

If however, a spouse is still living in the home....that is a different
financial picture.

.....and then establishing a trust and having all property in the trust is a
whole different sort of picture that will require more legal/financial advice.

Rita