Keith, Beaumont Hospital in Royal Oak does more DBS surgery than any other
hospital in the tri-state area.  There are numbers of studies on PD on-going
all of the time in the Movement Disorder Clinic there.  Dr. Lewitt is the
person to see. Please call 1-800-633-7377 for his number.  I apologize that
I can't find the clinic number - I've been scrambling around looking for it,
but misplaced it somewhere.

My husband sees Dr. Danny Watson at St. Joseph Mercy Hospital in Pontiac.
Dr. Watson has an MD/Ph.D and is wonderfully methodical in prescribing
Parkinson's meds.  He worked with Dr. Lewitt at Wayne State and has
encouraged my husband to participate in a study with Lewitt at Beaumont.
The beauty of being in a study (as many members of this list can attest) is
that even if you get a placebo during the process, you are eligible for the
drug (if it is promising) after the study is completed.

Good luck and God bless you.
--------
Mary Ann Ryan (CG Jamie 23/63)

P.S.  My husband's experience at U of M was very disappointing.