Don, Better late than never ..... I use  NADH as part of my  protocall  2 of
the 5mg tabs daily and it very definately helps!  - Please  refer to
Biochem 101 and a  short piece that I have written about  the good old Krebs
cycle - in the reactions (not shown here) NADH  reverts back to  NAD (vit
B-3) as part of  the  production of dopamine by the body.

Not PKU, but …..

It is important to remember a lesson of early childhood / infancy disorders
where amino acids and Parkinson’s are considered. In the case of PKU, the
absence of the enzyme phenylalaninedehydrogenase was the culprit, but in
this case we are dealing with the inability of cells in the SN to produce
the dopamine that is required for the transmission of nerve impulses. The
diagrammatic representation of the reactions, below, shows that these
situations are inseparable in many ways.

In the neonatal situation, there is an excess of Phenylalanine which is not
being converted to tyrosine. Tyrosine is then administered along with the
Coenzyme 1 (NADH - nicotinamide adenine dehydrogenase ) and a factor from
cows milk - PH. The result is that mental retardation is avoided. In this
case, the concern stops here, but is it the presence of the excessive
amounts of phenylalanine, or the rest of the reaction that needs to be
considered. Without the production of the DOPA, the nerve impulses are not
transferred properly - the “dementia” situation which is seen in Parkinson’s
and Alzheimer’s patients is a to powerful a factor not to be considered.
Also reference the relation ship of niacin in this equation.

In the case of the Parkinson’s patient, this reaction has been forgotten
about. Due to the fact that the “cure “ is effected for the PKU, the
remainder or the reactions are overlooked once the excess phenylalanine has
been metabolized. With PD, we are interested in the lack of dopamine
production by the cells. By supplying the correct precursors, and coenzymes,
the cells can again produce their own dopamine so long as the mitochondria
are in healthy enough condition to permit the transfer of the precursors and
the ATP.

Hope that this helps, but remember that with any of these supplements, they
must be taken in a balanced program and one or two of this or that won't
produce the  necessary and sought after  results, Rob