From: Texas_Parkinsonism Advocate <[log in to unmask]>
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: President  Bush
Date: Mon, 27 Jan 2003 10:20:12 -0600

I do not wish to start a debate but I simply cannot let unsubstantiated
misconceptions continue to proliferate without rebuttal.  Let me state for
you the facts of the matter.  Number one, President Bush has named a head of
the National institutes of Health after a protracted period where the
previous administration had left the post unfilled.  Number two, President
Bush has proposed in his last three budgets increases in spending at the
NIH. The  previous the administration had actually cut funding at the
National institutes of  Health. Number three,  it is the Senate that failed
to pass an appropriations bill for fiscal year to the 2003, which by the way
it began last October 1st.  I am not trying to create an argument, but I
believe that this President is doing something about Parkinson's disease.

Thank you for allowing me to share my thoughts.

-- As a young-onset patient of Parkinson's Disease,
a progressive, degenerative, as yet incurable
neurological disorder, Terry has become a tireless
Advocate, speaking and writing on behalf of
Parkinson's patients and their families and caregivers.

To invite Terry to come and speak to your group,
club or organization contact him at
[log in to unmask] or call him at 254-747-0856.
Topics include Parkinson's Awareness,
Activism and Self-Determination, Bioethics, and
Stem Cells and Their Sources.

"A cure by 2005"
Texas Parkinsonian Advocate