MY TWO CENTS!!!
  Subject: Re: Politically Slanted E-mail

  To Marilyn and all PWP:

  "Unfortunately, the current political situation directly affects the possibility of better treatment and research for a cure for all of the members on this list."

  Nancy:
  Put aside the anecdotal evidence and state the specifics:

  Where in the last 3 years there has been any denial of funding for research into neurological conditions?

  Any diminished effort to find cause or cure that has been stopped by government interventiuon?

  Where has the efforts to help us have been undercut as compared to other suffers of common and serious diseases?

  Give me some facts that I can use to urge action by the political groups to change. Vague references to climate are not specific enough  to get my shaking Parkinson ravaged hand to type  those messages. Remember that politics only controls money not brillance or insight.

  "If we put our heads in the sand, and ignore the"political climate", we are sorely remiss. As a group of people with a common goal--- A CURE FOR PARKINSON'S AND RELATED DISORDERS--.we can have an impact, but only if we recognize the problem"

  YES, without reference to a particular political group. There are always diverse ethical and societal factors in any large group, regardless of labels.

  Yes, we are a large group, who for the most part are older and wiser and would be more productive to society if we were better served by the research efforts. I wonder if we are being somewhat selfish in believing that we are any more important than other sufferers.

  Regards, Bill Lawless
  [Ergo hoc, ergo propter hoc!] a logical fallacy.