Date sent:              Mon, 27 Jan 2003 10:46:41 -0700
Send reply to:          Parkinson's Information Exchange Network
From:                   "Bernard Barber, Ph.D." <[log in to unmask]>
Subject:                Re: Politically Slanted E-mail
To:                     [log in to unmask]

> I am under the impression that the Bill of Rights supports the right
> to express and to protest, as such, in my opinion this is not only a
> is right but an obligation. If this is incorrect please advise.

The Bill of Rights supports free speech.  Political disagreement is
one thing, but slander (making remarks about someone's mental
competence) is something else.

People who lack manners are likewise protected by the Constitution,
but this List should not tolerate such behavior.  I think that this
thread needs to be terminated.

Criticize the president's position all you want (I criticize some of
them, also), but don't "call him names".

Best,

Bob

Robert A. Fink, M. D., F.A.C.S., P. C.
2500 Milvia Street  Suite 222
Berkeley, California  94704-2636
Telephone:  510-849-2555   FAX:  510-849-2557
WWW:  http://www.rafink.com/

mailto:[log in to unmask]

"Ex Tristitia Virtus"