Dear Kim,

I am very far from you, in Hungary, but your Mom's porblem and mine shows
similarity. My problems with swollen legs began about 2 yrs ago - nowadays
my whole body is full of with water...
In the beginnings my doc/docs said swollen legs were "maybe" from the meds.
We changed the meds - but the swollen in my legs, arms, hands, later in  my
stomach part, upper body, even around my heart chamber has not disappeared.
Meds changing again - no result. New doc - new result, what meant no result
at all. Some of the docs did not care at all with this problem, some of them
had different ideas - if 5 docs then 5 ideas, but nobody was concerned about
me. Everyone of them concentrated only on a disease, no one of me, my
problem, my pains. Finally, last year we have found a neuro surgeon doc who
looked at me. Who talked to me and speaked with me, Who listened to me. He
did not make ideas, at first sight,  diagnosis without listening all my
problems, without consulting his colleagues, without making different tests,
lab exams, blood (including immun tests) test, thyroid and heart and sleep
and a lot other exams. He/they wanted to see my body and its
functions/malfunctions partly, and the same time, as a whole.
I am sure that such swollen can not be the result of PD itself.
My only advice that go and search for a doctor who will be really concerned
about your Mom's status. Perhaps it will take a long time, much patience -
burt do not give up! Somewhere there must be a a doc, a neuro or an
internist or I don't know exactly what kind of doc who will find a cure for
your poor Mom.
In my case it seems that they have found two or three possible reasons for
this whole body swollen - time and further exams will give the answer.
If you do not have any idea where to go, ask dr. Abe Lieberman. He has a
"map" about the best docs in the States and I guess, in Canada and some
other countries, too.

Love and best wishes - for both of you

Olga
PWP 50/47/40 and CG of my own