Raj

A very wise move and a wife who is very observant. If you take a
sleeping pill the brain may not be able to wake itself nor the body
enough to make it breathe  a situation that you may not want to put
your family through.

"The individual should avoid the use of alcohol, tobacco, and sleeping
pills, which make the airway more likely to collapse during sleep and
prolong the apneic periods." Quoted from
http://www.apneanet.org/factsapn.htm

Don