In a message dated 1/28/2003 9:36:15 AM, [log in to unmask] writes:

<< Her neurologist doesn't seem too concerned about it but
of course, I am.  He says it comes with the disease. >>

KIm,

This neuro sounds like a turkey. His dismissive attitude, whether expressed
kindly or brusquely, is IMHO unacceptable.

Swelling can be caused by a lot of things. In and of itself, and as a barrier
to physical therapy, it is definitely something to be concerned about.

I think you and your mother should consult another physician immediately.

Good luck,
Kathleen