In 1984 my entire body was swollen, I was short of breath, my doctor want
me to seee a psychologist.  I had many tests and finally they found that
my pericardiuim haad calcified.  It's called constrictive (or
restrictive) percarditis.  As a result I had my percardium removed.  I
was given a neww life.

But now, last year it all came back, my heart is covered with calcium and
they don't knnow what to do.  the calcium has invaded my heart.  I take
diuretics. Perhaps this is your Mom's problem.  One of the causes of this
ailment is T.B.  I have never had T.B.

Anyway it sounds like a heart related problem to me.  Good luck.  Does
your Mother need a pillow under her head to sleep?
Margie Nestler  11 Years
CArnegie, PA.  412/276-2620