Nancy C,
I believe the  Bush appointee of whom you speak is Dr. W. David Hager, who is
anti-abortion of any kind, anti-contraception, anti-morning after pill,
anti-sex education, anti-stem cell research and SCNT and wants women to read
biblical scriptures instead of asking Midol for menstrual cramps.  I think
the scriptures that deal with a woman's menstrual cycle refer to her as
"unclean' during her period.

Linda Herman and Murray Charters do a magnifcent job of bringing us posts of
pros and cons of these issues without expressing their own opinions.  This
may have been where I got  this info.  My newspaper editor's staff got his
full name to put in my letter.

I assumed everyone on this List was reading them.

Ray