Nobody wants to be in a nursing home or does any caring family want their
loved one in a nursing home.  We had ot choice when Ted was released from
hospital.  I wanted a different home, but this one was the only one with
space.

AS it turns out, it has worked out well.  ALL staff is kind and caring and
responsive.  Yes, they can't appear instantly upon ringing the bell.  But
theyd do the best they can. and they remain cheerful.  One man across the
hall makes me so angry ... he won't ring bell, calls out for help and if CNA
is working with Ted, wants her (or him) to stop and go to him.  ONe night as
they were coming around with treats, he wanted more of something.  Nurse (and
it was the prescription nurse) said, after I see that the other patients have
some I'll come back.  He replied "I don't care about them".  She was so upset
because he didn't care about the other patients and she did, but she remained
reasonably polite while I wanted to tell him off.  When I figure out a nice
and/or productive way to do it , I will.  I nag him about pushing the button
and idt does happen sometimes now.  ALso in the dining room another
"gentlemen", said "Hey, girl, you were supposed tot ake me back.  He treated
her like dirt and she is pleasant and works hard.

Virginia Christiansen
Rochester, MN