Hi!
    I have raised this question before.
    The recent finding is that acrylamide (a highly neurotoxic chemical) is
formed when we bake or cook potato in high heat.  For some reason, people
thought that  this might cause cancer.  I understand that a recent study has
given the good news - "this does not cause cancer in humans".  But, nobody
seems to worry about the neurotoxic effect of potato chips as a  possible
causative agent of  PD.
    Anyway, I have stopped eating french fries until some study finds out
about its effect on the nervous sysem.
    Raj