Date sent:              Wed, 29 Jan 2003 05:06:37 -0800
Send reply to:          [log in to unmask]
From:                   Tess Owens <[log in to unmask]>
Subject:                state of the union
To:                     [log in to unmask]

> When Mr. Bush announced last night in his State of the Union... "I am
> banning human cloning" this action will inevitably domino, knocking
> down all the progress scientist have been making  to find a cure for
> Parkinson Disease. now, more than ever,  our voices need to heard. we
> should not have to defend this.

He didn't say that (I watched the speech, also).  What he said was
that he wanted Congress to pass a law banning human cloning.  It is
up to Congress, not the President, to make laws.

If you don't want to see the above happen., lobby your
representatives.  That is the way that the system works.

Best,

Bob

Robert A. Fink, M. D., F.A.C.S., P. C.
2500 Milvia Street  Suite 222
Berkeley, California  94704-2636
Telephone:  510-849-2555   FAX:  510-849-2557
WWW:  http://www.rafink.com/

mailto:[log in to unmask]

"Ex Tristitia Virtus"