Most of you know I don't post very much on PIEN, but I read every message
written.  Today, however, an article appeared in the Houston Chronicle's
obit that proved very interesting.  It reads:

Dr. Marrian Blum, 48, a native Houstonian and biochemist who focused on
how neurons damaged by Parkinson's Disease can be stimulated to survive
or regenerate, died Sunday, Jan. 16.  Her scientific work also changed
the way neuroscientists think about the brain.  Her careful analysis of
the levels of the growth factor gene throughout the development of the
brain found that levels actually were highest in the adult animal.  This
led to the observation that growth factors continued to be very important
in the brain, even after it was fully formed.  Blum published more than
60 peer-reviewed papers and reviews, supervised five doctoral candidates
and more than 12 post-doctoral fellows  and visiting faculty members...

Much was writen about her various accolades and her survivors, which I
won't print here.

But the fact is, there is much more research going on than most of us
know about.  I would to God that a cure be found soon, so my love can get
his self back.

Best wishes, Jo Ann .